Ir al contenido principal

Thoughts as Starting Point (Day 3)

I have realized that when I establish some starting points towards my interaction with this reality, they come from thoughts. 

I noticed that some of my starting points were a result of my thoughts and as they were different from my previous constructs/beliefs/perceptions/definitions I felt I was acting in self-honesty. 

Everything started last night when I wanted to go out and my friends were busy and I did not want to depend on them. So I decided to go out on my own. 

My starting point was "I want to go out and if I don't do it because my friends are not around I am going to create/support the necessity of being with others to do what I want". 

So, I went out being very sure about this point and I thought "Ok, it does not matter if I am alone or not, because what I want is to enjoy myself being out for a while before going to sleep". (Fascinating so far)

But then I realized that it was not only the desire of being out, because I also wanted to smoke some weed actually, and that was the main reason of myself going out.

While I was smoking I started thinking and thinking and thinking. Thoughts wouldn't stop coming and I saw everything from a different perspective. 

First, I wanted to go out to get high and as I realized I was alone, I had to do it on my own. So I took what was causing me "frustration" and tried to fix it standing up on my own instead of really seeing what was the main reason why I wanted to go out.

I am not saying that smoking weed is something good or bad. I am referring to how I allowed and accepted my thoughts/reactions to become a starting point.

I realized that the same attitude towards getting high should  be applied in every field in which I express myself, but I do not always do it.

I realized that I stood up and took a decision of not being dependent, but what then? Where was I directing this attitude of standing up within myself towards regarding the decision of going out alone? 

I had allowed and accepted my "different" thought to become my starting point. It was a tricky thing, because from thoughts I had made my starting point, which means that when I established my starting point I was still existing within polarity.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to create a starting point from my thoughts.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to pick a thought and define it as the "deprogrammed" one in which I have to base my starting point on.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to get obsessed with the idea of  not being a dependent being.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to try to prove myself that I am not dependent using a starting point that existed in polarity.

I forgive myself that I haven't allowed and accepted myself to stop my thoughts while establishing a starting point.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to immediately believe that my first deconstructed interactions are the more honest ones and from that I establish starting points. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to trust my thoughts as starting points.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to define/experience/perceive thoughts as starting points.

When and as I see myself establishing a starting point within myself that came from a thought, I stop and breathe. I realize that while allowing and accepting myself to interact with thoughts in the moment of establishing a starting point inhibits me from really seeing/establishing a starting point that is self-honest and free from thoughts.

I commit myself to every time I am establishing a starting point to stop and breathe and make sure that my starting points are not coming from my thoughts, in order to really stand up with a self-honest purpose and not to remain within and as my mind system.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Energy-Based Relationships (Day 158)

Today I woke up with this feeling of loss, like I ‘had’ something that I was somehow losing. I realized that it’s energy. It’s the positive energy that I have been unconsciously creating within myself by spending time with X.

The way this came up was as fear; fear of losing, but more specifically, fear of not being ‘loved’ or that everything that X could possibly develop as energy towards myself was decaying. So, in the back of my mind, there was this idea that in order for me to be 'loved'/'liked', I required some energy.
I have realized that this emotional shifts happen when I believe in my thoughts when I am alone or when I judge what X shares with me. These shifts happen very fast and I realize that I activate the pattern but I become aware of it once already being in the emotional reaction.
When this happens, I tend to go “This is not gonna work. They are not feeling the same. They are faking it. This is only a game”, when actually the one that is participating in …