Ir al contenido principal

Reacting to voices (Day 27)

I am exposed to lots of voices everyday due to my job. The school has over 1 thousand students and I meet over 200 students a day. 

When I am at school working, I get to hear all the voices as one. It's too much that I am used to it, unless there's a little kid next to me screaming/crying. 

When I am home and having lunch/dinner with my family I sometimes get very irritated, because the TV is always on, my dad is carrying the dishes, my sister is complaining about something and my other sister is trying to have a conversation with my mom. And I am just there, trying to focus on something and eat at the same time that I prefer to stand up and go to my room. 

Yesterday night I talked to my family about this and I have done it before. They say that happens to me because I am constantly exposed to kids/people screaming/speaking really loud and when I get home the only thing I want is silence. 

I was observing myself within this reaction. It started to happen when I was exposed to more than 4 stimuli. For instance; the TV, my sister speaking, the dishes crashing, my mom speaking, etc.

But, instead of getting to understand anything, I got completely saturated/possessed by my reaction that I had to leave. I was not able to remain here and I took the easy way out. I counted the different stimuli as if they more and more reasons to leave, rather than understanding them and do something about it.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to react with the desire to leave every time I listen to too much noise in my house. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not bring myself back to the physical when I noticed I was reacting, and instead of that, I ran away.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to become one and equal with my reaction within my mind, instead of seeing the reaction as something separate from me.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not provide any solution to my current existence in the presence of others when being affected by too much noise. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to react with hate towards my sister's voice, defining it as too high pitched.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to judge my sister due to her voice and thinking "how is it possible for her to communicate with people having that irritating voice?”

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to judge human beings based on the way they speak. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not see/realize and understand that in remaining within the reaction of discomfort I am not considering other beings as one and equal, because I am giving more value to how they make me feel, based on the way they express themselves.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to get blind after the activation of my reaction due to too many voices in the presence of others, because the only thing I wanted was to run away.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to remain in a reaction/emotion and physically moving directed by fear/irritation/anger when I stood up and ran away. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to react this way only with my family because I know they will accept it and won't say anything against me in trying to tell me I am doing something "wrong", but what happens if this happens within the work field? I can't run. I have to accept it and be effective with my duties. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to see my family as a "support" for doing anything I want based on reactions. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to abuse myself when running away instead of making peace with those situations.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to react with anger in the presence of people I know they will accept it. Therefore, I am just manipulating my reactions in order to create another reaction (friction), instead of understanding and solutions that are best for all.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to only see what is best for me within the family scenario and I was not considering that we often talk about interesting topics. It would have been okay if I was participating/supporting verbal diarrhea within our "conversation", but this was not the case. I was not able to turn the situation into something from which we can all learn and/or to foster a supportive talking. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not see/understand the supportive topics my family and I can talk about. Instead of that, I focused on the way everything sounded and how I felt bothered. 

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to give more value to the way voices sounds instead of the message behind it and how I can contribute with a solution which is best for all.

When and as I see myself reacting with anger/irritation towards the sound of too many voices and desiring/wanting to leave, I stop and breathe. I realize that my participation in the reaction/emotion/thoughts inhibit me from being an unconditional support towards the people I am interacting with, because I am only judging them and focusing on the mind systems existing within and as myself, instead of the message or how I can contribute/enhance our communication.

I commit myself to not leave when I start reacting with anger when being in the presence of too much voices.

I commit myself to contribute with solutions in order to foster a better communication with the beings I interact with.

I commit myself to deconstruct through self-writing and self-honesty the patterns that are repeated/manifested when I am in the presence of too much voices/stimuli.


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Energy-Based Relationships (Day 158)

Today I woke up with this feeling of loss, like I ‘had’ something that I was somehow losing. I realized that it’s energy. It’s the positive energy that I have been unconsciously creating within myself by spending time with X.

The way this came up was as fear; fear of losing, but more specifically, fear of not being ‘loved’ or that everything that X could possibly develop as energy towards myself was decaying. So, in the back of my mind, there was this idea that in order for me to be 'loved'/'liked', I required some energy.
I have realized that this emotional shifts happen when I believe in my thoughts when I am alone or when I judge what X shares with me. These shifts happen very fast and I realize that I activate the pattern but I become aware of it once already being in the emotional reaction.
When this happens, I tend to go “This is not gonna work. They are not feeling the same. They are faking it. This is only a game”, when actually the one that is participating in …