miércoles, 11 de junio de 2014

What Does a "LIKE" Mean on Facebook? (Day 37)

When referring to "likes" on Facebook we are conditioned to make a decision after seeing the posted video/comment/picture.

The Facebook platform gives its users 2 options; you like it or not.

I have been under the insecurity/doubt of "should I press the like button?", even judging myself for the "decision" I have to make, because I have to whether "like" or "ignore".

This also works as a validation/legitimization of self. I see it on my students when they talk about how many "likes" their uploaded/shared/posted pictures had, feeling "good"/"accepted" if they had lots of "likes".

The other polarity side of the "liked"/"accepted" beings experience the opposite when they do not get the same "likes". 

This creates discrimination, because it manifests the "better ones" and the "worse ones". Therefore, a re-definition must be addressed.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to participate in the belief that the more likes you get, the better you/your material/comment/picture/video is.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to experience "guilt" when someone shows me something that I do not agree with and I think "should I like this?”

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to discriminate under the given decision of "like" or "ignore".

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to participate in polarity equations and as a result, I experience feelings/emotions/thoughts/judgments.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not see, realize and understand that when I am about to "like" something, I am limited within an online platform that dictates how my manifestations must be.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to not comprehend how things work and just participate in them without questioning myself who am I relation to them.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to experience the thought "no-one supported this. There must be something wrong with me/my material/content/video/comment" to exist within and as myself.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to adapt myself to the things most commonly liked in order to be liked as well, instead of focusing on my self-expression of being just me as one in self-honesty.

I forgive myself that I have allowed and accepted myself to fear not being liked either on the Internet or in person.

When and as I see myself watching anything posted on the net wherein I have the choice to like it or not, I stop and breathe. I realize that my participation/manifestation/expression is limited under a polarity equation. That's why after I express/manifest/participate within those limited choices I then experience something polarized such as joy/happiness or guilt/regret/disappointment/rejection.

I commit myself to give a different meaning to the "likes" on Facebook or any online platform in order to be me the one who directs my expression and not being limited/conditioned by a polarized choice.

I commit myself to establish the "likes" = I see/saw you/it, I read you/I read it, I took the time to look at it, I directed my attention to you/it, I was there - no matter I liked it or not.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario