Ir al contenido principal

Part II: Ego & Knowledge (Day 81)


This is part II - Continuing with my previous post.

Self-Forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to always expect something “new" and if it’s not, I reject it because “I already know”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel possessed when I am experiencing something “new”, because it’s my pre-programmed disposition. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to place the knowledge I have acquired on the table so other people can see it and then I feel "important".

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think that through showing others how much I know will validate me as a human being.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that how much you know = how important you are.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel inferior in the past when I started playing in my first band, because I perceived that the older bands made fun of me/us.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to believe that other people make fun of me without seeing, realizing and understanding that probably they were just laughing about something that had nothing to do with me/my band.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take it personal when I am doing something and I see people laughing.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be influenced by other people when they laugh, because I think, believe and perceive that they are laughing at me, therefore I feel inferior.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to remain within this suppressed inferiority and self-judgment towards the things I do instead of standing up and change that experience into something that's best for me in Self-Honesty.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to desire to make other people feel inferior when showing off how much I have learned. 

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to perpetuate the same cycle I experienced in the past when switching from the “inferior” to the “superior” character and do unto others what I believed others did unto me.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think “now that I have learned and I am better than before, I wish that those people that laughed at me in the past see me now and realize I am better than them, so they can regret and feel bad about themselves”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to change my behavior when I am about to do something in front of the people I believe that once laughed at me, because I would look at them out of the corner of my eyes and check what their reaction is and that would define my experience.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to take the stereotype of those people that I believed that laughed at me in the past or that I defined as having a “tight” attitude and then identify in my present other people with the same characteristics and place them the same attitude/behavior without even knowing them, but having the thought "they are the same, because they look the same”.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that even though people look similar, that doesn’t mean they are the same.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think, believe and perceive that the way people look (clothes they wear, music they listen to, stereotypes) defines the way they are, without seeing, realizing and understanding that through believing that, I have conditioned my own perception and the way I see the world.

Self-Corrective Statements

When and as I see myself rejecting something because it’s not apparently “new” and it does not “impress” me, I stop and breathe. I see, realize and understand that I have conditioned myself to always expect what I want and that probably the most important things in this life won’t cause that impression on me, therefore, I have to be open and willing to pay attention to anything other people may share, because in those little and simple things there might be great and unexpected self-realizations that will support me and others as One and Equal.

I commit myself to not reject only because I don’t feel impressed/surprised and be open to keep learning and stop conditioning myself through the way I see the world.

When and as I see myself trying to validate myself through knowledge or experiences, I stop and breathe. I realize that knowledge is nothing without actions and even though people might look/sound “important” through the words they speak/write, that does not constitute the real change in this life/world, because what it really matters is being One and Equal in thought, word and deed.

I commit myself to stop trying to validate myself through showing off “my knowledge” and instead, prove to myself that I can be One and Equal in thought, word and deed.

When and as I see myself placing traits on people that look similar in appearance to some people I have met/judged in the past, I stop and breathe. I see, realize and understand that in making a connection between my memories and my current moment is just a result of my subconscious mind, therefore I am seeing the present through the eyes of the past = not being HERE.

I commit myself to deconstruct through self-forgiveness all the perceived traits that I have placed on new people I am meeting that I connect with beings I have met and judged in the past.

I commit myself to stop and breathe when I am perceiving that someone is identical to another person I met in the past, in order to bring myself back here and realize that I am judging a person through my perception instead of being open to listen and communicate without participating in any energetic movement within myself that will determine my approach/experience with those beings.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Mr. Nice [Day 174]

I read a conversation between two people where they were talking about me. Person A was sharing a ‘problem’ that had had with me, while Person B was judged by me as Mr. Nice, because they were not supporting Person A, but adding more to the problem. What I mean by ‘adding more’ = no practical support, but continue talking about the same thing, without a solution, but only supporting Person A’s words without questioning them.

What I didn’t like was that for instance Person A was saying stuff like “He said/did this and that, fuck him”, while Person B went “Yes, that’s too bad,he is wrong, I understand what you are going through. Fuck him”, without even knowing me in person, without even talking to me once at least. So, I went within myself “This person thinks they know me? Plus, Person A’s arguments were an interpretation of the events, so Person B was basically reacting to Person A’s reaction. That’s why I say it was not supportive, but reactive.
Why did I judge Person B as ‘Mr. Nice’? …