martes, 16 de junio de 2015

Public Accusation (Day 91)


I was on Facebook when I saw that a picture with a short comment was published.

The picture was shot from inside a public bus where it showed the bus patent/license.

The comment said: I want to denounce a discriminatory act committed by a bus driver. Today at 9:30 am there were an old lady and a handicapped gentleman outside (bus stop) and they wanted to get in the bus. The bus stopped a little further and the lady outside asked and begged the bus driver to move the bus backwards so they could get in the bus, but the bus driver didn't want to and the most awful thing what was he said "I don't transport sick people, I won't waste my time for free". Although I told the bus driver to take the 2 people inside the bus, he refused to and he continued driving without even considering how cold it was outside. This is the bus patent. Let's stop being unaware people!.

Now - These types of accusations/denunciations have become popular in my country (Chile) recently and have enormously increased due to social networks. I have seen accusations like this published before where a person is accused for doing different things and I understand that some people are tired of having to deal with thieves, pederasts, "rude people" (such as the bus driver), etc.  but they are only using their "good intentions" to stop all of these "abusive behaviors" through public accusation...hmm...

My question is: Is this really the solution?

Let's imagine the following together: I get to know all the information about the bus driver who committed the "terrible action" of discriminating two handicapped people. Then, I get in a bus and suddenly I realize "Oh, this is the bus driver that discriminated two people the other day!" - What am I supposed to do that will change our previous "unaware" state into self-awareness that will create a change in this world into that which is the best for all? Am I supposed to objurgate the bus driver? Am I supposed to give him a new testament? Am I supposed to tell him "Sir, you are wrong. You have to change", Am I supposed to tell everyone on the bus that the bus driver is a bad person, therefore we have to lynch him in order to heal him with our good intentions? Am I supposed to tell the bus driver's boss that he did something wrong, therefore they should fire him, because that would apparently support the bus driver within his self-awareness process to then become a better person?

I see people everywhere denouncing other human beings' actions. But as we are all full of anger, hate, resentment, frustrations, we just love to project all our shit into others and then observing how they suffer the consequences as if it was a mid age ritual where we all purge our sins while causing suffering onto another human figure that represents each of us, but separate from us.

The truth is that the only thing that I see through these "ways of changing the world into a better place" is the perpetuation of blame where we all represent the role of a victim instead of a self-responsible human being that brings about solutions.

If you ask me what would I do if I had the bus driver in front of me, I would:

First, I would see in self-honesty what aspects of his behavior/personality I am able to see that create reactions within me.

Then "I would do my homework". in other words; I would change myself within those points, because my reactions - as thoughts, feelings and emotions - are showing me that the driver's behavior is also existing within myself - otherwise they would be invisible/imperceptible to me.

I would probably be able to experience gratefulness for meeting that man without approaching him full of already constructed social burdens.


After that, I would kiss his cheek and would become his friend instead of his enemy - It brings more chances to create a change together. Don't you think so?- Because I would be able to really know that bus driver beyond his pre-programmed reactions and so I would also be able to realize and understand what creates the reactions within himself, because I had already learned how to manage the same reactions within myself. 

And finally, I could even say "I was able to see myself in that bus driver and I decided to change myself first instead of blaming him".- That would be a proof that we are ready to really support him within his "healing process".

Another question would be: What is stopping us from doing this?

We have existed within this system based on punishment in order to "heal" human beings. We have been doing the same for centuries. Isn't that enough proof that those mechanisms are not even close to the real change? Because we try to stop the fire with more fire and every time we are hit by a rock in our chests we look behind in order to catch the one who did it, without applying common sense. We are conditioned to act the same, repeating and perpetuating cycles within time while feeling proud because we are apparently living the "evolution" of mankind, but the only thing I honestly see are primitive beings with iPhones. - hm and I am not totally sure, because we are probably less unaware than primitives.- Just saying here.

Self-Forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that the real way to stop the abuse in this world is through punishment and public accusation.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that punishment and public accusation are part of the same old cycles that have existed for many centuries that haven't created any real change.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to participate in these old mechanisms of "ways of changing the world into a better place" while believing I am fostering self-awareness and a real change in this world.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to simply believe what I read when other people make public accusations without questioning the facts.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that when other beings' behavior/attitudes create a reaction within myself it is an indicator that is telling me that I have the same behavior/attitudes existing within myself, otherwise I wouldn't be able to decode them, therefore I have to direct them within myself first instead of blaming and participating within and as the victim character.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that the starting point within my participation in the belief that public accusation is the key that will bring about a change to this world is fear.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not realize that every decision I make based on fear, will create more and more fear within and without.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to exist as fear in this world and thus, I have participated in old methods that apparently heal human beings instead of becoming aware that we are actually perpetuating the same cycles from the past and bringing them to our current existence over and over again, because we have not been taught how to do it differently and so we hide behind the belief that "it's always been like this".

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not see, realize and understand that fire against fire will not stop the fire. It will actually make it exist forever unless we come to the commonsensical realization that this has to stop and that we must become the solution by standing up and becoming a living example instead of a spectator.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that in making public accusations I am standing up and changing this world without realizing that I am actually creating the same shit I am blaming/hating.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to realize that this world has to change, but I haven't done anything about it, because it is easier to hide behind one's beliefs instead of becoming a self-responsible human being that doesn't wait until he/she is asked "Who wants to change?", because he/she is already changing without expecting the question as a public accusation that will appear on your Facebook wall as when you are invited to an event and you only press the "I will attend" or "share" button.

Self-Corrective/Commitment Statements

When and as I see myself experiencing a situation where I feel frustrated and/or angry, I stop and breathe. I realize that I want to project all that frustration and anger into a person who is apparently to blame, because I haven't directed that behavior that I hate from others within myself first.

I commit myself to direct the points that are presented in others as a mirror within myself first instead of perpetuating the system of victimization that has existed here for many centuries and that has not changed anything.

When and as I see myself believing that public accusation/denunciation is the key to change this world, I stop and breathe. I see, realize and understand that public accusation may be a tool to prevent certain issues, but it can also be abused and fueled by anger, frustration and revenge to cause damage onto others instead of creating a real healing process and thus, a change in this world.

I commit myself to not immediately react to a public accusation believing everything, because I see, realize and understand that I might be supporting another being's anger and frustration, instead of their proposals to bring about a change to this world into that which best for all.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario