Ir al contenido principal

Right & Wrong (Day 98)


This polarity as right/wrong was witnessed by me in a type of negative reaction as a moral judgment, therefore I would like to have a deeper look at this words/concepts so I can expand more beyond the collective understanding of what ethics/moral may be perceived/believed/thought to be.

The dictionary says about Ethics:

- The study of a general nature of morals and of the specific moral choices to be made by a person; moral philosophy.

-The rules or standards governing the conduct of a person or the members of a profession.

It is important to mention here that moral/ethics is not coercive, meaning that it does not use force or threats to make someone do something. 

So – Why would someone verbally/physically attack another person based on their morals and beliefs?

Let’s do not forget that Moral is – according to the dictionary:

Concerning or relating to what is right and wrong in human behavior.
- Based on what you think is right and good.
Considered right and good by most people: agreeing with a standard of right behavior.

Okay – Moral is related to what most people “think” and “believe” to be “right”. Therefore, a person who verbally/physically “attacks” another one based on the collectively constructed idea / opinion of what they think it is “Right” or “Wrong” goes through a process of Thinking and Believing. It also includes cognitive processes such as understanding, interpreting, analyzing, etc.

Now – I have another question; What makes people be so sure about their Thoughts and Beliefs? – I dare to say that it is due to Fear. Fear related to not having control over certain situations in your life/environment. To me using the typical moralistic argument in order to present yourself as something “more” and attack another person and try to make them feel “inferior” is a Defense Mechanism. Why would a defense mechanism be triggered? Because of Fear -  Fear of not being able to accept your reality, Fear of not taking self-responsibility and just going into a Victimization cycle that has been existing within yourself for so long. Therefore, the moral judgment as an attack based on what you think and believe to be right is showing you that all that you are seeing in the other person is just a reflection of yourself, but as it is easier to just blame others, you just take that option.

A person who attacks another person based on moral/ethics is not actually living the word/concept of moral/ethics. Plus, how can you make sure that your moral judgments are not being influenced by how you “think” and “believe” your reality is? How can you make sure that you are really seeing and accepting your reality in common sense and self-responsibility as self-honesty, instead of using the “Immoral” method of attacking through a “Moral Judgment”?

I realize that if I would attach myself to moral instead of common sense and self-honesty I would become an insane human being judging people everywhere, because according to my beliefs they would be doing something that it is “not accepted” within their "roles" in society. For instance, I could judge a woman for getting divorced, because to “my moral” that would be a failure and a "bad" example for her children, because my parents are still married, therefore my opinion and belief about what is “right” would be learned through what I observe and experience within my own bubble. You see? If we attach ourselves to morals, would we be able to place ourselves in other people’s shoes? Would we be able to understand this lifetime beyond our beliefs? The answer I have is NO, because each person can create their own moral based on how they were raised, their life experiences, their fears, etc.

So, my suggestion would be to stop conditioning ourselves based on moral/ethics, because the only thing we will get through it is to limit one-self from seeing and accepting reality as it is, because when one is able to really see reality and accept it as something that YOU have contributed to happen as well is when you are becoming self-responsible for your own mind (as thoughts, beliefs, ideas, feelings, emotions, etc.) – And then you will realize that judging, attacking, blaming and victimizing yourself is useless, because it does not contribute to a real change in this world that is the best for all, as one and equal.


Understand that YOU are responsible for what happens within and without YOU  in each and every moment of breath.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Energy-Based Relationships (Day 158)

Today I woke up with this feeling of loss, like I ‘had’ something that I was somehow losing. I realized that it’s energy. It’s the positive energy that I have been unconsciously creating within myself by spending time with X.

The way this came up was as fear; fear of losing, but more specifically, fear of not being ‘loved’ or that everything that X could possibly develop as energy towards myself was decaying. So, in the back of my mind, there was this idea that in order for me to be 'loved'/'liked', I required some energy.
I have realized that this emotional shifts happen when I believe in my thoughts when I am alone or when I judge what X shares with me. These shifts happen very fast and I realize that I activate the pattern but I become aware of it once already being in the emotional reaction.
When this happens, I tend to go “This is not gonna work. They are not feeling the same. They are faking it. This is only a game”, when actually the one that is participating in …