Ir al contenido principal

Weed (Day 99)


Today it’s been two days without smoking weed and I have decided to quit. It’s not that I think that smoking weed is “bad”, “wrong” or "immoral". The reason why I am stopping is because of my relationship with it and other effects that were not supporting me in any way.

Most people say that when they smoke weed their physical pains stop. Well, in my case when I am experiencing a physical pain and I smoke weed I feel that the pain intensifies instead of decreasing.

Through walking this process of stopping the mind I have realized that when smoking weed I spend lots of time within my mind thinking and I get completely distracted from reality, because many things can happen around me, but I won’t be aware of it because I am too busy within my mind.

I also realize that when I am worried about something and I smoke weed, instead of feeling better, I feel worse and I have even felt my human physical body getting fraught about to collapse in a type of panic attack.

Another point that I noticed was that sometimes I used excuses when I made mistakes. I said “oh, I forgot to do that. I’m too high”- believing that the weed effect was responsible for what happened. For instance today I was driving in a wrong direction and I thought “it’s the weed. No, wait. I am not high. It’s me”.

Finally, I realized that everything was around weed and every time I went out with my friends we had to buy some, otherwise it was perceived that we were not going to have real fun, completely depending on it to do almost everything. Like a car that depends on gas to function.

Self-Forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that I need to smoke weed in order to have more fun when I go out with my friends.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to become frustrated when dealers don’t have  weed for selling, because I think and believe that I am not going to enjoy every moment as I would enjoy them if I had weed.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that smoking weed is going to make me feel better when I am worried about something, without realizing that the only thing I get through smoking is making my problems bigger within my mind.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to think and believe that days without smoking weed are boring.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to refuse to understand that when I smoke weed my thoughts get intensified instead of being released.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not support myself unconditionally in order to stop my participation within my mind every time I smoke weed, because instead of being here in the physical, I get lost within my thoughts and imaginations.

Self-Corrective/Commitment Statements

When and as I see myself thinking that I am bored and that I have to smoke weed in order to enjoy myself, I stop and breathe. I realize that weed can give me a boost, but I would be "living" the word enjoyment through something separate from me, instead of living it as pure self-expression. I realize that the realization that I am bored comes as a thought, therefore it’s a perception that I have turned into a behavioral pattern that I obediently follow just because it has always been like that.


I commit myself to use this process of no smoking weed as a way to learn more about myself in order to stop self-dishonesties and be able to give myself direction in moments where I think that I am bored and that I require to smoke weed so as to support my process of stopping the mind instead of feeding it.

Comentarios

  1. Weed is a big problem for many people. It is a tricky drug since no one can really die because of smoking it, so people find a lot of excuses why it is apparently OK and not harmful to smoke weed. But one has to really be self-honest and see if one is using weed to escape a negative feeling or try to experience "more" and so on. It is also very obvious how people smoking weed change to become more apathetic and passive, not really being capable of effectively directing themselves in this world to bring about change that is needed, so that we can stop the abuse of Life. Thus stopping the weed addiction is very important if one want to remove one's self-limitations.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Mr. Nice [Day 174]

I read a conversation between two people where they were talking about me. Person A was sharing a ‘problem’ that had had with me, while Person B was judged by me as Mr. Nice, because they were not supporting Person A, but adding more to the problem. What I mean by ‘adding more’ = no practical support, but continue talking about the same thing, without a solution, but only supporting Person A’s words without questioning them.

What I didn’t like was that for instance Person A was saying stuff like “He said/did this and that, fuck him”, while Person B went “Yes, that’s too bad,he is wrong, I understand what you are going through. Fuck him”, without even knowing me in person, without even talking to me once at least. So, I went within myself “This person thinks they know me? Plus, Person A’s arguments were an interpretation of the events, so Person B was basically reacting to Person A’s reaction. That’s why I say it was not supportive, but reactive.
Why did I judge Person B as ‘Mr. Nice’? …