Ir al contenido principal

Sounding Self-Forgiveness (Day 119)


Yesterday I went to take a shower and I started sounding self-forgiveness. I usually sound self-forgiveness in English because this is the language I have used this whole time to walk process, but yersterday while taking the shower I sounded self-forgiveness in Spanish – which is my mother tongue – and I noticed that I wasn’t being fluent. I was like ‘I forgive myself – (coughing) – that...I have accepted and .... – (silence)’ and then I realized I was kind of whispering. It’s like when sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue I don’t feel comfortable with my own voice, and I fear that other people could listen to me. So, using a second language has kind of ‘helped’ me be ‘hidden’, which is unacceptable, because it’s not possible that the tools I have to deconstruct myself are dependent on codes/language/symbols to be able to exist.

This proves to me that I am not being unconditional with myself in terms of assisting and supporting myself within this journey of self-honesty and self-trust.

Self-Forgiveness

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have used English as a second language to feel ‘hidden’ and ‘protected’ from other people/my reality when sounding self-forgiveness.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to feel uncomfortable when listening to my own voice sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear what other people may think of me if they listen to me sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to use English as a sort of alter-ego where as I feel ‘hidden’, I am more comfortable to say certain stuff that I wouldn’t if I had to say them in Spanish.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to not become one and equal in terms of my relationship with different languages and thus, become lost within languages, sort of not knowing who I am within languages.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have attached different personalities to the two languages I speak; Spanish being ‘me’ and English; my ‘alter ego’ when talking to myself and some other beings.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have separated myself as who I am into two different languages without standing up as me without depending on a language to express/deconstruct myself.

I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to have resisted to take into practical application the realization that I have to start working on sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue in order to deconstruct myself and to be able to expand myself.

Self-Commitments

When and as I see myself sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue where I am not being fluent and not wanting to be heard by others and thus, I cough and go into a mind blank, I stop and breathe. I realize that I am not standing up as one through living self-trust and self-honesty, because I am being dependent on the language I speak to express myself.

I commit myself to sound self-forgiveness in Spanish in real time when there’s a point I want to release in order to be able to become one and equal without depending on a language to be/express myself.

I commit myself to stop and breathe when feeling the resistance building up when sounding self-forgiveness in my mother tongue in real time so as to ground myself here and stop participation in thoughts and emotions to be able to continue doing it, slowly but surely, being patience with myself but at the same time pushing through it.

I commit myself to start reading my self-forgiveness statements in my mother tongue after I have written in this blog, in order to become familiar with my own voice when deconstructing myself and thus, be able to become one and equal without depending on a language to be able to be/express myself.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Getting Angry with Students (Day 30)

Within my job as a teacher I can remember a few moments in which I took things personal, but they happened during my first year. Now, I am on my third year as a teacher and it's hard for me to get angry with students, because I prefer to address the issue through communication and agreements.
Today, I got angry with a student and I didn't even realize it until another student that was next to me said "teacher, don't get angry".
The scenario went as it follows:
Students were presenting oral reports. Before they start, I take the time to tell the class that they have to be quiet while their classmates are performing, because I have to assess them and if there's too much noise, I can't hear very well.
It was hard to me to keep them completely quiet today - teachers know that not all lessons with the same class work the same due to different factors -. So, I had to constantly stop and say "guys, be quiet. Your classmates are performing". That happened d…

When You See Only What You Want To See (Day 162)

Someone made an observation about me after communicating with them a couple of times. They noticed that I tend to see only what I want to see; meaning, that I understand things in the wrong way.

At first I was within myself like “But, how can that be possible if I try to be objective when I observe or listen to the information being shared?”, until today while watching a video and then, when giving it a second watch, I realized that “Hey, the first time I watched the video I understood something completely different to what I am understanding now”.
So, I asked myself “Why did that happen?” and in self-honesty I can say that I was not fully aware of what I was doing. I was watching the video, but at the same time having a chat and also concerned about a problem I had. 
It’s like for moments I am paying attention, but then I go into my mind. Then, I get back to my body/awareness and I listen to the information and ‘understand what I want to understand’ or what it’s related to what I was t…

Mr. Nice [Day 174]

I read a conversation between two people where they were talking about me. Person A was sharing a ‘problem’ that had had with me, while Person B was judged by me as Mr. Nice, because they were not supporting Person A, but adding more to the problem. What I mean by ‘adding more’ = no practical support, but continue talking about the same thing, without a solution, but only supporting Person A’s words without questioning them.

What I didn’t like was that for instance Person A was saying stuff like “He said/did this and that, fuck him”, while Person B went “Yes, that’s too bad,he is wrong, I understand what you are going through. Fuck him”, without even knowing me in person, without even talking to me once at least. So, I went within myself “This person thinks they know me? Plus, Person A’s arguments were an interpretation of the events, so Person B was basically reacting to Person A’s reaction. That’s why I say it was not supportive, but reactive.
Why did I judge Person B as ‘Mr. Nice’? …